Thursday, October 6, 2011

Life Drawing

So I realize I need to work as hard as I can to develop my art techniques in order to become a storyboard artist and this definately includes life drawing. We had a segment this week in my Drawing for Storyboarding class emphasizing acting in Life Drawing. It makes me so happy to finally take a life drawing course that emphasizes this and the professor was right...if your drawing is not different, than what is the point? It is not about copying the model in front of you, it is about looking at their pose, interpreting it, and putting down your interpretation on paper. It is also about exaggerating in order to get the point across...the strongest artists are not the ones with talent, they are the ones who are good actors. So from there, I am going to try and hit up all the life drawing sessions this quarter and work on my acting. I will upload them to show progress, please feel free to comment and let me know what you think. Here are some of the life drawings from this week.
I did not get the chance to scan my final boards from this week, so I will take pictures of them next class and upload them with the thumbnails. Have a wonderful week!:)

No comments:

Post a Comment