Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Crossroads

So over break I haven't uploaded work because I am working on pages for an Anthology. The deadline is Christmas so I am trying to be as productive as possible over this break...turns out I am more productive at night...hello nocturnalism (probably not a real word but oh well). As I have been working I have been thinking about my future career...I feel somewhat at an impasse. What I am torn between is story and visual development...I can't rest on both. I work on story because I love it, yet I want highly illustrative pieces and to dive into color, layout and background and character development, yet when I focus on that, I feel pulled back to story and wanting to draw every thing out and become one with the characters and situations. At this point, I have decided I am going to develop both...work on the programs I need to learn, develop my digital illustration more, and improve my storytelling and my whimsicality...I'll probably end up flip flopping forever, but what can I say, I love it all...if there is anything I have learned in my life, it is that visual storytelling is my passion and I will never stray too far from it. Thanks for reading and I will try to upload some work soon!

P.S.--Since there is no art update, here is a picture of my cat, Simba, in the laundry to entertain you.:)
Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment