Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Twisted Fairy Tales Anthology

I have been working on a project lately and haven't really shared too many of the details yet. But last night when I sent everything off, I have been given the go-ahead to share some character designs from my story for the Anthology to kind of be a teaser of sorts. I have been working on a Twisted Fairy Tales Anthology with a group of artists from Savannah College of Art and Design. We each chose a fairy tale or folk lore and put our own twist on it...I chose Alice in Wonderland. My synopsis is a drugged Alice is held at a house with a group of other drugged child hostages and has developed Stockholm Syndrome for her captors...The Queen of Hearts, The Hatter and the customer, Chester Shire (Cheshire Cat)...all a part of Operation: White Rabbit. But what happens when Alice starts hallucinating white rabbits that urge her to kill her so-called friends? You'll have to buy the book when its published to find out...
    On that note, here are some of the character designs I did in my sketchbook...
-Chester Shire...(starting design)
He is known as the man with no face and is always drawn in silhouette(links disappearing body to Cheshire Cat).

-The Hatter
He is an awkward cross between Napoleon Dynamite, Michael Cera and those guys who shouldnt wear trapper hats, but do. He's essentially a nerd that follows orders, but isn't quite all there.

-The Queen of Hearts
I made her a drag queen because I figured who has more charisma and who is more in charge than an awesome large and in charge drag queen who know what she wants?

-White Rabbit
These are the first two designs. The rabbit starts out somewhat creepy like the bottom circled design, gets creepier like the top, right hand drawing and the creepiest design will be revealed in the book...but I will say this, I combined the features of a realistic rabbit, an old doll and a horror clown for the last design...so it is sure to give anyone nightmares...or at least think twice in the dark.

-Alice (first design)
Here is the first design of her...she changed more or less by the end, but overall I wanted the style of the story to be creepy but elegant at the same time.

-Alice (final color)
This is the final color design of Alice...look for her on the cover with everyone else's characters as well. I'll let you know about the book's progress as we work on getting it published. Thanks for reading!:)




No comments:

Post a Comment