Sunday, May 8, 2011

Time Management

So I just thought I'd take a few minutes to talk about time management. This is something I wish I had listened to and used when I first started SCAD, but I have finally been forced to confront it through sickness: Time Management. First of all, SLEEP. We all need it. But college students many times have it in their heads that we can magically rise above it and we are freakin' indestructable. Pretty much...NOT TRUE. Sleep is important and your health and life depend on it. I have somehow managed to make it through one of the most hectic quarters of my life without staying up past 3 am doing hw. Establishing a bedtime (and yes, I said it) of midnight to 1 am and getting 7 to 8 hours of sleep is perfect. Then the morning is left to do homework thats left over and then there are classes and then homework after. When doing homework, set aside 15 minutes each hour to procrastinate and then the rest is homework time. It can be done. If you have 8 am classes, go to bed earlier and wake up earlier. Oh, and might I add, naps are a college student's best friend? I think so. 15 minutes normally. But be warned, once you pass 20, you wake up groggy and worse than before. But I swear by the method of 7-8 hours of sleep a night... it leads to both a healthier and happier artist.:) Good luck all!

No comments:

Post a Comment